Monday, October 26, 2009

And a new year begins

I just finished a long weekend of celebrating 33 years of living. There was much eating, drinking, laughing and dancing involved.

A few good memories, if you will:
  • Friday night battle with an oversized flower power bday balloon. Walking through nyc streets with the wind gusting me this way and that. I think my balloon molested more people than Michael Jackson. I particularly enjoyed the nasty looks which quickly turned to smiles on the subway every time someone got bonked in the back of the head with Mr. Flower.
  • Saturday evening torrential downpours. Watching the rain come down in buckets while seated at Paddy Maguire's bar, shooting tequila and talking smack with coworkers.
  • Saturday evening, post-torrential rain, dancing in my pjs to Bruce Springsteen and shooting more tequila. I had to use my salt grinder and drink lime juice from a plastic "Real Lime" bottle. Class act all the way. I was soon joined by my roommate. Garlic pizza, singing loudly, dancing like a Wild Thing and drinking the bottle dry.
  • Walking to our Sunday birthday brunch at Fada, we were wished a "happy burrrzday" by a strange frenchman. Joined by friends and loved ones. Gifts of wine, books and bath soaps. Kind of perfect.
  • Free "dragonfly cocktails" at The Abbey bar while "2001: A Space Odyssey" played in the background. Marble pound cake with bday candles; stuffing all 6 of us into the photo booth; free noodles.
  • Lovely fall evening walk to Lodge while the sun was setting over the city. Meeting Scooby, the uber-cute miniature schnauzer who was eating street pepperoni. Settling in to munch on the best veggie burger in the city; ordering red sparkling wine and being served champagne instead; bitching about the bad waitress until she brought us free chocolate-pecan pie/cake with candles. Helping my roommate walk home semi-straight and taking photos of her 1/2 in normal dress, 1/2 in Halloween dress and birthday crown.

No comments: