Saturday, September 17, 2011

With the fall...

...comes so much awesomeness!  I realize I may be jumping the gun a bit, but I can't help it. So, without further adieu, I present you with:

My Top Twenty List of Particularly Kick-Ass Autumnal Things

   20.  all new seasons of TV shows
   19.  cider
   18.  lower electric bills                               
   17.  Halloween
   16.  rainbows of turning leaves
   15.  switching back to hot coffee
   14.  fingerless gloves
   13.  Thanksgiving
   12.  fresh, crisp apples
   11.  annual Walk for Farm Animals
   10.  jackets with pockets to put things in
     9.  catching the sunset on my way home (thanks to the fall-back time change)
     8.  knee socks
     7.  my pilgrimage to Austin, TX
     6.  sweat-less subway commutes
     5.  cat fur that stays on the cat
     4.  the absence of steamy, garbage-piled sidewalks
     3.  birthdays galore (KK, LB, JZ, LD, mine...I am sure I am forgetting some...)
     2.  being reacquainted with my long lost (but not forgotten) lovers, my cowboy boots
     1.  "cellaring" the white and dusting off the red

You've seen mine, so what are yours?


2 comments:

Erik said...

Crisp mornings.
Turkey dinners.
Seasonal brews.
Sweatshirt weather.
Scarlet and orange foliage.
Anticipation of a new school year (even though long past, the muscle memory remains).

nycindyloo said...

Yes, Oktoberfest! Funny about the new school year memories. I was always sad at the end of the summer, but now, I am just pumped for the nice fall weather. Summer in the city is nothing to be excited about.